Training & CPD
Jane runs workshops on how to use songs and rhymes in the Early Years (half day or full day), and a programme on speech and language development through music where Jane leads sessions for Practitioners on the theory behind the approach as well as teaching the material to practitioners, this is followed by one-to-one support in the setting, and then a final session teaching further material and giving individual support to improve practice.
Her consultancy sessions/days can also be tailor-made to specific settings and needs and can include:
- The importance of songs and rhymes with 0-5's
- Delivering Music in the Early Years
- One to one support in the setting, observing music teaching and giving feedback to practitioners
- Planning a progressive music curriculum
- Delivering a music curriculum – practical sessions for teachers
- Music teaching for the non-specialist
- Subject knowledge for non-specialists
- Progression in the primary school
- Advice on resources and equipment
- Using an aural/vocal approach to deliver the music curriculum
'Thank you so much for the fantastic INSET session you provided South Glos Music Hub last week. It was refreshing to see many of our teachers going through various states of curiosity about how the skills and techniques of teaching music in early years settings can have a big impact in their own 1:1 or small group situation. As I said on the day, as music hubs realign their focus onto early years music, there will no doubt be a wider market for the kind of creative skill set you have and your ability to get an entire room of instrumental teachers on side as quickly as you did!'
Music Progression and Participation Leader, South Gloucestershire Music Hub